As the next few weeks went by I spent more time with Michael and his boys and had a blast. Then one night as I was getting ready to drive home, Michael walked me out to my truck as usual and as I went to hug him (as I had several times before) he leaned in and kissed me.
What did that mean? Why did he kiss me? I was confused. Just a few months before I had grown accustomed to thinking I would spend the rest of my life single with my dog and I had accepted that. What was this and what did it mean?
I feared that he had kissed me out of a sense of comfort and familiarity, after all we had been each other's "first love". He was the boy that I shared my first kiss with. He was the boy I spent all my afternoons with shortly after I had lost my mother, he was the first friend I made in a new a town. We did share a history. We had both experienced a horrible divorce years earlier and had both been single and alone for a few years. Was he just looking for comfort? Was I comfort?
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Unchartered Territory
Labels:
companions,
dating after divorce,
decisions,
family,
friends,
growing,
love,
moving on,
personal assistant,
relationships,
self help,
sex,
virtual assistant,
virtual assistant work from home
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment