Monday, February 6, 2012

Learning to Enjoy Single Life

Being single does not have to be a never ending road of waiting to find a partner to enjoy activities and life with. By being vibrant and active and loving yourself enough to build a good life you can attract others.

Each day add 3 pleasurable activities to your day! These things don't have to be huge, time consuming activities, perhaps just taking a stroll in the local park, spend a few minutes reading a good book - even just one chapter, take a cat nap, use one of those many beauty/spa products - give yourself a facial, a pedicure, relax and enjoy aroma therapy, or make yourself a sit down meal instead of eating on the couch or on the go!

Another way of enjoying the single life is to do things now instead of waiting for someone to do things with! Take a vacation alone! Go to a movie, take a class.  Some of my favorite trips have been last minute, spur of the moment road trips


just because no one was available to go with me. Most of these trips I don't even tell anyone I am going on, I just load up my dog, load up my bags and hop in the truck and drive. Sometimes I have even been known not to have a destination - just maybe a timeframe "I need to be back on Saturday night for dinner with Kilie" so I have 24 hours to go somewhere and off I go with no destination in mind!

When you stifle your life because you are single, you stifle your spirit too. Living the life you want now instead of waiting for a partner energizes you, enlivens your spirit and attracts like minded people to your life.

Right now, I ask you name 3 things you wanted to do that you have not done because you were single? Now, I challenge you do 1 of things! If you are reallly ambitious do all 3!

1 comment:

  1. I can't think of any. That's good and it's bad, I guess. It means that there isn't really anything I need a partner for...that's good right? It's bad though, in that I wouldn't know what to do if I did have a date, ha! Nah, now that I think about it, going out to dinner in a nice restaurant...going to a movie...dancing? I'll try.

    ReplyDelete