For the last few years I have lost the desire to be in a hurry. What was I in such a hurry for in the first place? Was I trying to hurry to the finish line? What finish line? The end of life? What would anyone hurry there for? Was I in a hurry to get to work and be mistreated by employers, co workers, and customers? Well, all that would happen when I got there - why hurry to that? Was I in a hurry to get home to an empty house? Not really.
Now, I don't own a clock (other than the one's that are on our pc's, cell phones, or appliances & to be honest if I could get rid of those too I would), I try to remain flexible so that if an activity or event comes up I want to participate in comes up I am free to join! I am in no hurry to wake up in the mornings - I will wake up when I wake up! I don't rush through my morning routines anymore - I spend time with my beloved Rottweiler outside having coffee and enjoying whatever season it is. I don't hurry through my work day anymore, the tasks will be accomplished when they are accomplished. I reach out to friends and loved ones to spend quality time with them more. I want the people in my life to know I loved them and treasured the relationships we shared.
All around me though I see people hurrying from day to day, cramming so many things into a given day that they barely have time to stop and actually enjoy the people they interact with. There seems to be such a disconnect between people and I wonder what are they all in such a hurry for that they can't even stop and enjoy their day to day life?

No comments:
Post a Comment