Most people don't understand the bond I shared with my beloved NaKoda. They think "oh it's a dog...you can get another one". I have to confess though..........she was so much more than a dog!
As a single woman for pretty much all of NaKoda's life she has been my companion, my protector, and yes my therapist! NaKoda traveled everywhere with me for the past 12 years.
Over the past month since NaKoda passed away it has been difficult. I have found myself looking for her, calling for her, talking to her and the dealing with the saddness that overwhelms when I realize she's not there anymore. Night time has been the most difficult...being in the house alone...
However, life must go on and I have decided to honor her memory and NaNook's memory by collecting funds to donate to area shelters to help in the care of abandoned animals and spay/neuterings.
Keep tuned to NaKoda's random life just because she's gone doesn't mean I can't continue this journey in her memory...........who knows where this journey may lead!



No comments:
Post a Comment