We began as all forms of training do making sure that his basic obedience skills were in tact. Over the last 3 months he has been working on cementing his basic obedience in all situations. Then we moved on to making sure that he has a strong drive. We begin by playing catch with his favorite ball which for Bello happened to be a large glow in the dark green ball. We bounce or throw the ball against a wall and have him retrieve the ball and return to me. Once it was established that he wanted this ball we moved on to hiding the ball in tall grass, trees, bushes, etc. Once the ball was hidden I would give Bello the command to "find". Bello has found the ball every time in every location we have worked on this skill!
In between training sessions Bello and I regularly go off leash at my mom's house which has approximately 80 acres of wooded area. When Bello is not paying attention to me I hide and wait for him to find me. Bello has been able to track and find me every time! Once my niece walked with us and I sent her to go hide and took Bello away so he didn't know where/what she was doing. Upon returning from getting a drink at the tank I instructed Bello to "Find Railey". He was able to track and find Railey as well! I am so proud of him and the progress he is making!


No comments:
Post a Comment