Saturday morning Koda and I woke up early. It was nice. I was excited, a new day and a new house to set up! I had a tenant for the Stephenville house (a woman and her husband and their 2 boys). All was good.
I got up and got dressed because who knew what time the Direct TV people were coming. They say between 8 & 12 but we all know how that goes. We immediately started unpacking and setting up all the tv's in the house (1 in office, 1 in living room and 1 in bedroom) to make things move along faster. I discovered that I was having issues with my internet service and I had to finish a paper for school and get it turned in that day so that meant I had to drive out to Karen's to use her internet connection. The Direct TV people finally showed up at about 11am (nothing like cutting it close to the deadline). They went to work but were very chatty which was irritating to me because I just wanted them to focus on setting the service up and getting out of there. I continued to unpack things and the phone rang. It was Karen! She asked me if I was hungry and of course I was - I realized at that point that I had not stopped to eat since Thursday evening and it was now lunch time on Saturday. She came over with my niece Railey and a bucket of KFC. Mmmm Mmm good! We ate and she helped me unpack a bit and we visited for a while and as the Direct TV people (now about 3pm) loaded up to leave I told her I would be at her house in a bit to work on my paper!
This was going to be Koda's first time by herself in the new house. I left the television in the living room on for her, made sure she had food and water (of course the dog has food but no human food in the house) and I told her I would be back in a couple of hours! I headed out to Karen's to work on my paper and get it turned in! Of course since it was so late in the evening by the time I finished the paper Karen asked me to stay for dinner - of course I would. It was now about 7pm and I sure did not want to run to the store before going home for the night! It was time to leave and I realized: I don't have to drive an hour now to get home! It's like 5 minutes away!
The second night at the new house was much better! I spent a couple of more hours unpacking the kitchen. One room down! Yippie! The kitchen was now completely unpacked and organized and I now I could work on another room but that was going to have to wait until Sunday. I was tired and the bathtub was calling my name again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment