Do you ever fear not being good enough, of not meeting others' expectations. Are your relationships based on what you think other people expect from you?
My relationships use to be based more on what people expected of me, but for the last 6 years I have been working to be more of who I am and less of what others think I should be. Sometimes this makes other people very unhappy but I am not on this earth to please others.
Let's face it too - you can't make everyone happy all the time!
I grew very tired of being and doing what everyone expected me to do all the time. It left very little time for me to do the things I wanted to do and let's be honest it also led to some acting out in destructive ways and some very poor decision making processes.
Now, I find that I am much more happy in general and I truly know who are my friends and who are not. Don't get me wrong there are times I miss the people this process has left behind because we did have a lot of good times but now I know we were only having good times because I was who they wanted me to be and doing the things they wanted to do which left me feeling empty a lot of the time and those people never noticed.
Let's face it too - you can't make everyone happy all the time!
I grew very tired of being and doing what everyone expected me to do all the time. It left very little time for me to do the things I wanted to do and let's be honest it also led to some acting out in destructive ways and some very poor decision making processes.
Now, I find that I am much more happy in general and I truly know who are my friends and who are not. Don't get me wrong there are times I miss the people this process has left behind because we did have a lot of good times but now I know we were only having good times because I was who they wanted me to be and doing the things they wanted to do which left me feeling empty a lot of the time and those people never noticed.

No comments:
Post a Comment