It's so hard to put yourself out there for someone else to see. The fear of being rejected can be crippling at times especially when you come from a background like I do. Often times though I feel like the risk is worth it but other times I just wish I had a crystal ball and could see the future so I would know if the risk was worth it or if I was just wasting my time getting to know someone.
About a month ago I reconnected with an old friend (we'll call him sunshine to protect the guilty :) who I had a crush on when we were in high school. To my surprise he confessed he also had a crush on me but was too shy to ever say anything to me. We have been in touch every day since the night we reconnected and shared some interesting conversations.
What's my problem you ask? Sunshine lives 3 hours away from me and we have yet to reconnect in person and I don't have any indication from him on when he might want to try. He says he does want to spend time together but still no indication of when. Now yes, it has only been 30 days so I am not freaking out about that yet, but I would like to know if we are on the same page because I don't want to waste my time. Living 3 hours away from me isn't a problem and I am more than willing to do the driving because he is a single father but how do I put it out there that I am curious about a time a table?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment