Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Niklaus has found his furever home!!

Just one short week after listing Niklaus on the National Brittany Rescue website https://nbran.org/searchresults.asp we  have found a furever home for him!
I am so happy about this! He truly deserves a place to live out the rest of his life with a true companion!

This blog will actually post after he has left my care and road tripped to WI where his new owner/companion lives. (Niklaus has traveled more in the last two months than some people do in their whole lives! He started out in Oklahoma, came to Texas and now will be going to WI!)  I think he'll enjoy the northern state's Fall weather (we'll see how he handles the winter) because he is not a big fan of the Texas Summer heat!

His new furever home has 2 cats that he will be able to spend days with while his owner works which I am happy about since he has enjoyed the company of Monkey and Nemesis (my 2 cats). His new owner is an active person who  does daily walks at the dog park where he will be able to socialize with other dogs which he enjoys and they also will be able to Summer at a lake cottage where he will be able to swim and run and enjoy extended pack (family)! I was also informed that he will be taking part in harvesting syrup with his new extended pack (family)! This will be a new and exciting experience for him and I hopefully will be able to see pics of this!

As my journey with Niklaus comes to an end do not fret! While I am considering taking a brief break from volunteering I am sure this will not be the last animal I help out in my  lifetime! The journey will continue so stay tuned for more updates of the Journey after NaKoda's Random Life!

Thanks to everyone who has helped with Niklaus' rescue, recovery and adoption and  a special thanks to Lynne, Niklaus' new furever companion!

He will be missed!

No comments:

Post a Comment