Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Bello and I check out the possible locations for Brownwood's Dog Park (supposed to be getting)

Recently, there was an article in the newspaper that Brownwood was going to be getting a dog park! That made me so happy! Ever since I moved back to Brownwood 6 yrs ago I have thought that Brownwood could benefit from a dog park!

A survey was in the paper that we completed stating several locations for the possible dog park. 1 of them was absolutely not good as it had no trees or vegetation of any kind what so ever.

A second location is on the way to the lake but is a primitive camping location. While this place has lots of trees and access to water I thought many people wouldn't use this location on a regular basis due to it being out at the lake.

A third location is Festival Park. This area would not be bad except it would not draw tourist as it is out of the way however it could be made into a very nice, shaded dog park with access to water features and areas to run!













I also suggested Riverside Park Nature trail would be a good location as a dog park as there wouldn't have to be a lot done to that area to make it an enjoyable and central location for residents and tourists to enjoy!
























The only bad thing is I recently heard the council was being given a hard time by some people who didn't think we needed a dog park. Are these people out of their minds? A dog park would help dog owners have a place to exercise their animals helping to cut back on dogs getting loose around town because they were being properly exercised. Dog owners would be able to play with their animals off leash in a controlled environment.  For many people their dogs are their children/family. They get little no use out of the numerous park areas that are designated for children (soccer complex, baseball complex, swim center, and numerous city parks around town) Not to mention that the animal shelter could have adoption events in a location separate from the animal center.  There are many benefits to a community dog park but I guess people who aren't animal lovers or think leaving their dogs in their backyards for their entire lives is enough.........

No comments:

Post a Comment