Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Bello's first trip to Junction Tx

Junction Tx is a place where my "adoptive" family has their home place.  This place has been passed down in the family for generations. I started going here when I was 15 yrs old. It's nothing fancy but it is home.  It's about 150 acres of Texas hill country pasture land. There are 3 homes on it, each one sits on approximately 50 acres. The first home (where I go) is the original family home. This is a small two bedroom farmhouse (we've remodeled over the years; I believe it started out as an open floor plan home.  Currently our retired horses live here year round and my "adoptive mother" and I go here about every 2 weeks.  The other 2 sections of land have what use to be my great Uncle Jack's home and my great Uncle Tommy's home.  Jack passed about 10 yrs ago and Uncle Tommy is the current full time resident of the property and care taker of the barn cats and retired horses.

Bello has been with me approximately 5 weeks now and I decided it was time to take him to Junction to run free and get to know the property.  When we first arrived (after 1 hr 20 mins in the truck) he was ready to run and explore! We headed down the dirt roads on the property where he chased rabbits and scared up the deer.
 I was extremely proud at his off leash recall skills because he returned to me every time I called him! 

We played in the pasture for hours chasing each other and finding all the wild life that lives on our place.  We also practiced our basic obedience skills, come, sit, heel, lay down.  All of which he has been improving over the past 5 weeks! I am so proud of him and quickly he has been able to pick up skills! At the end of our day we were able to sit on the porch and relax without chasing the barn cats that live around our place thanks to last week's addition of the "leave it" command to our skill set! 





After Granny joined up that evening we all were able to enjoy a trip into town where we had dinner at a local restaurant before returning to the house to relax and enjoy Christmas movies for the rest of the night. Bello was so tired he went right to sleep and snored. Over all I would say his first trip to Junction was a great success and he felt right at home! Of course with Sunday morning arriving it was time to get ready to head back home (after a morning run, Granny's biscuts and gravy and another Christmas movie of course!) 


Bello has been learning to pick a seat and sit still in the truck making him an excellent road trip companion! Thank God because we have many adventures ahead of us! 



Of course upon returning home Bello was just exhausted and pretty much called it a night the rest of the evening
 I think Monkey and Bello missed each other while we were gone because after unpacking and cleaning up I found these two......



No comments:

Post a Comment