A couple of weekends ago Bello and I loaded up our hiking gear and headed North to Palo Duro Canyon for the weekend!
This was going to be Bello's first time to stay in a hotel and I have to admit I was a little worried what his reaction would be to noises, an elevator, staying in an unfamiliar environment but I am happy to say Bello did extremely well!
Our first night we just walked around the downtown Canyon Tx area and enjoyed not being in the truck any longer (5.5 hr drive)! While Bello was energetic and excited he still was on his best behavior as we went into some local shops.
Saturday morning though we were ready! So we headed to Palo Duro Canyon State Park to spend the day just hiking and exploring the trails!
Bello truly seemed to be enjoying the walk. It was peaceful and beautiful and for the most part it was just me and Bello enjoying the majestic scenery of God's creation! It truly made me thankful for being there. 

Without Bello's enjoyment of climbing the rocks I am not sure I would have made it all the way to thee caves or lighthouse tower!
![]() |
| Lighthouse formation |
Needless to say by the time we returned to the hotel Saturday evening Bello was exhausted!
I am so glad we made the trip when we did for multiple reasons! As you can see, other than the lighthouse trail (which is the most popular trail in the park) Bello and I were pretty much by ourselves the entire day allowing us to take our time and truly enjoy our adventure.
The other reason I am glad we went when we did is upon returning to our home we learned that fires were ravaging the area we had just left causing much damage in it's wake. We will pray for those effected in the area as well as all the animals who are being injured or dying.












No comments:
Post a Comment