Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Bello Amazes



Cody is a 13 year old male shepherd mix that has never gotten along with other male dogs except Dutch (who came to live with him as a puppy) and has been very attached to me ever since he was taken in as a stray puppy by my "adoptive" mom. 

Bello however, has managed to win him over with patience and time.

Dutch is an easy going 4 yr old male chocolate lab.

All 3 males have a high prey drive and love a good game of fetch!
However, 3 males and only 2 tennis balls quickly proved to be a problem.




I made the comment to Bello that we needed another ball. Upon hearing Bello making noises up on the patio I turned around in my chair to see Bello "paws up" on the table trying to get something. To my surprise, he dropped another tennis ball which Dutch quickly picked up! I didn't even know there was a tennis ball in the bucket on the table but Bello sniffed it out and retrieved it as he has been taught to do through learning the names of objects, scent/tracking and his service skills of bringing me the objects I ask for! 





                   Bello Morning Star amazes me every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment