In 1996 I moved 60 miles north of Brownwood. Brownwood held nothing but horrible memories and opportunities for me to run into my dad and his wife, my ex-step family, and other people that I just didn't want anything to do with any longer.
I moved in with an old boyfriend from high school and found a job bartending at The Pub in Stephenville. I soon saved up enough money and and found my own house. Thank God for that because I don't think I could have lived one more minute with my old boyfriend with his drugs and various girlfriends coming around and stayed sane!
I took in two roommates to help pay the bills. This worked out for awhile but I soon realized I wasn't the roommate type so I moved out leaving them the house and found an apartment for me and my cat, Toonces. I had had Toonces since I was 16 years old. He was so small I could carry him in my pocket when I first brought him home and he had been the one constant thing in my life since then.
Time progressed and I saved up enough money to enroll back in college again. I worked at the bar at night, went to school all day and grew more and more tired of being broke all the time still. I soon found a way to supplement my income but it involved a few old "bad habits". Working at the bar introduced me to a city attorney, judge, and a few other lawyers and dairyment that enjoyed some "party favors" on a regular basis but because of some issues in the town we lived in they were having difficulty find "supplies". I soon began bringing their "supplies" into town on a regular basis for them and this put some nice extra money in my pocket to help pay for school without having to find a second job (because I had so much extra time to be able to work a second job......ha ha).
For a few years things went by well and I decided to try and work on some of my issues from my past. I began attending therapy with one of the best therapist I had ever worked with, but the issues were painful and difficult to face.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment