Over Memorial Day weekend I had a lot of down time to think about my life's direction. I realized, while I am pretty happy with my life and the direction it is taking; there are still areas in which I want to discover myself. One of those areas my spiritual beliefs. For years I have struggled with what I believe, my experiences with religious organizations and what I am comfortable with.
For many people they attend church. They are excited about their church and they believe what their pastor tells them without any desire to research or discover the information on their own. In my experience, some of these people are the same people you see all week long behaving in unethical or immoral ways but are in the church pews every Sunday. These people have turned me away. Some of these people are devoted and try to behave in a manner that they believe is right and are at the church almost every time the doors are open and believe that you have to go to church in order to worship. I have always questioned this because I have never understood why people have to leave their own environment, dress up, and go to another location in order to worship. What is wrong with worshiping in your daily life, in your surroundings? I can understand the need for fellowship with like minded people but does that always have to be a building where organized religion takes place? Can my sister's backyard during a bbq not be considered fellowship with like minded people who pray and discuss and learn together be fellowship?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment