Monday, January 24, 2011

A New Journey Begins

After all the bad experiences and poor matches with dating over the past 6 years I was talking to a sister/friend the other night about expectations and desires in a relationship.  I had to ask myself if I asking for too much. I think to myself surely not but since it has been so difficult finding what I want and after listening to all my friends complain about the same things in their relationships that I am not willing to tolerate I wonder: am I asking too much?

This has made me curious about the type of guys that are out there. I decided to take a minute and look at some of the options on some of the online sources to see what type of guys are out there, single and looking.  I created a profile with no details about myself other than the basic statistical data required (age, sex, interested in, location) and it amazed me that in less than an hours time I was contacted by 6 men wanting to meet me and only one of them even mentioned that my profile was lacking information the others just put lines like, "Hi! What's up tonight?" and "Hi, how are you?".  These are not so bad but I found it interesting that they would contact me with no questions about myself since there were no details in my profile so the contact was based on my picture which does make me feel good about my looks but makes me wonder about the personality of these first initial contacts.

I went to bed and turned off my phone and woke up with several more contacts. One actually mentioned the lack of information on my profile. Finally, someone who might actually be interested in substance.  As I read these guys messages and respond I have decided to blog about the process just because I wonder:

1. are there any good guys left?
2. are there any guys who know how to court/date a woman?
3. am I asking for too much?

No comments:

Post a Comment