It has been about a week since I posted my profile on a dating website. As I previously mentioned at first I only added the basic information about myself, but later I went back and added some details. The responses have been flooding in but I must admit I am not surprised at the quality of the responses out there as I stated when I originally started this research I was wondering what type of guys are out there.
There have been many responses but I must admit I am disappointed in the lack of communication in the responses. It seems that most of the guys who have responded do not add original text to the messages but instead respond with the standard form replies which I have to say does not impress me because if they can't even think of something to say initially to entice me to respond how are they going to be able to hold an intelligent conversation with me down the road to keep my attention. They could at least even put something funny in the message......that would grab my attention!
Then there is the second set of guys who immediately want your phone number and additional pictures. These immediately scream delete at me because they seem to want to move to fast instead of getting to know me or they appear to be only interested in the physical and that screams delete too!
Then there was a message in my inbox from someone I new once upon a time. We did exchange phone numbers and have chatted a few times.
Then there were a few responses that confirm that some guys are just jerks. The one's without photos, the one's who lack any personal identifying information. The one's that appear to just be looking for one thing. Of course these scream delete but as this type of guy fills my inbox I have to admit the research is leaning towards "there are no good guys left".

No comments:
Post a Comment