While weeding through all the fogs in the dating world I often wonder if the online environment is any different than the real world experiences. It's the chase that keeps us coming back and the desire to find a companion to share our lives with but it is the constant ambush of bullshit and obnoxious persons who make us wonder if it is worth it at all.
It has been a few weeks since I first started my experiment and I have actually talked to a couple of person's. I have weeded out many who were just looking for a good time and I am sure I will continue to have to wade through the masses of those responses but there have been a couple of guys who have sent a message stating they want to get to know me. The problem is that a couple of these guys have sent initial contact stating "I would like to get to know you" and nothing more. I respond and then they respond again with a simple line such as, "I have had a busy week" or they simply agree with something I have said in my response. The conversation feels like pulling teeth. I have left those stranded in my inbox like they have hit a dead end street because I learned a long time ago that conversation is an important part of a relationship for me because if you can't stimulate my mind and hold my attention then eventually I will drift away!
Then I was contacted by another guy has been able to hold my attention for an evening of exchanges about his interests in riding motorcycles, going to small towns shopping, and his dogs. However, he asked me very little about myself and didn't really respond to anything about I shared about myself but instead seemed to skim over those parts and only want to talk about himself. Now, don't get me wrong part of good communication is being a good listener and I have no problem listening to someone else talk about themselves but when they show no interest in hearing about me I have to wonder..............are they really trying to get to know me?
Then there was another guy who for the past couple of weeks we have shared daily messages and discussed books, psychology, philosophy, volunteering, etc. I have a spark of hope that there might actually be a decent guy out there after all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment