Monday, February 28, 2011

Conversations on the First Date

Long awkward silences are horrible on first dates. I often think if my date can't hold his own in a conversation then he's not going to hold my interest for very long and a 2nd date won't happen but what about my side of the conversation?
There is nothing worse than a date who spends the entire night talking about themselves. I definitely do not want to be that girl (even though I am pretty interesting). ;)
My plan is to talk about family, jobs, hobbies/interests, music, movies and books. This leaves a lot to be talked about and if a date doesn't have any input on the list of subjects then he's probably not going to be able to hold my attention for long and may not be that interesting. A definite no no for me is politics and religion as well as exes.  If someone brings up their ex to me on a first date I take that as a sign that they may not be be completely over the ex or the circumstances of the relationship break up.
We will see how the date goes and I will report back! 


No comments:

Post a Comment