As we say in Texas, "if you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes and it will change!"
The intended day of my first date with Kevin, the Texas weather took a turn for the worse and as you can see, snow fell, wind whipped, and temperatures dropped in the 30s making an outing at the park not a practical outing. I texted Kevin and let him know that the weather was just too bad and could we reschedule for the upcoming week since the weather was supposed to be nice (and he had his children over the weekend). He agreed.
The weekend came and went and I carried on with my life as I normally would and spent time with friends and family. The following week rolled around and the weather was absolutely beautiful! I began working in my yard and thought this is going to be perfect weather for an outing in the park with Kevin. However, Monday......went by.........Tuesday went by & I attended my nieces softball game and upon getting back into my truck around 7:30pm I looked at my cell phone to see that Kevin had texted me an hour earlier saying, "do you want to take the vette out and enjoy the evening?" I responded saying i had been at my nieces softball game and just received the message, but maybe some other night.
As I write this it has now been apx. 2 weeks since that night and I have yet to receive a response back from Kevin. No big deal to me but I do wonder is he upset because I canceled our first date due to weather and didn't respond to his second attempt because I was otherwise engaged in my life?
Whatever the reason: in my book too much time has gone by. What do you think?


No comments:
Post a Comment