Monday, June 13, 2011

Which way do i go; which way do I go


The other night a friend and I were talking and she told me sometimes she sees other people's facebook posts, tweets, blogs, etc. and wonders about her own life path, her own success and accomplishments in comparison to theirs.


As we talked we discussed how she cannot compare herself to others because what is success for others may not be success for herself. I used myself as an example. Many people start a business with the goal in mind of having others work for them and not having to work any longer but I myself could never own a business and not work. For me it's important to continue to work and be productive and it never crosses my mind to set a goal to be rich, I just want to make enough money to get by. For me success is having good friends, family, enough money to pay my bills, save, and do the things I enjoy in life. Carving out a little piece of God's world for myself and turning it into my own sanctuary and enjoying my life for what I want it to be and not what others think it should be.

Success can be many things to many people but if your definition of success is something you can never achieve nor truly want to achieve then is that really success? Should your success be determined by others? Why do we feel the need to conform to societies definitions of success? 

No comments:

Post a Comment