Monday, November 21, 2011

Self Desctructive Behavior




Sometimes I sit back and watch people and it amazes me that grown ass people act the way they do sometimes. 
I have a friend who has had a hard life.  His life is the way that it is mainly because of bad choices he has made and continues to repeat over and over.  Then to make things worse he always says, "it's not my fault I don't do it intentionally".  I have explained to him that yes he does do it intentionally because he's the one making the choices to do the things he does. Even if they are bad choices they are still his choices and he needs to stand up and take responsibility for his choices.  That if he doesn't ever accept responsibility for the choices he makes then he will never learn from his mistakes.

It makes me want to tell them to grow up, accept responsibility for their actions and make better choices if they don't like the direction their life is taking because only they have the power to change it.
Basically, I am not going to deal with the stress this person brings to otherss, becaue I don't have the strength, power, or desire to deal with it. When you are done with all your drama come see me. 

Well, that was a good vent!

No comments:

Post a Comment