Monday, July 30, 2012

Roles

What role do you play at home, at work or in the world? What roles do you assign others? What would happen if you were to become aware of these roles and make them less important?

As a single woman business owner I am the same person. I am the strong independent, go to girl who gets things accomplished and enjoys what life has to offer to me. But, the softer side of me often feels alone and isolated because of these same characteristics I have had to develop in order to survive terrible experiences that happened early in life. Sometimes being seen as strong, independent and self sufficient can be seen as you don't need anyone and while I do what I do and learn what I need to learn in order to manage single life it doesn't always mean I don't want or need people.  I don't often assign roles to others because in my personal life I have not really found many I can rely on. I tend to let the people who are active in my life be how they wish to be and my reactions to their behaviors are based upon their actions. This helps keep disappointment to a minimum and appreciation applied to those who are deserving. I am very aware of the roles I assign to myself and others and I am not sure of a better way to do it and still be happy in my life but there is always room for improvement! 






No comments:

Post a Comment