Monday, August 20, 2012

It's Been A While.........

Last year I was writing about my dating after divorce experience but stopped because I was discouraged by the potential dates I experienced. It seems if they didn't want to jump head first right in then, they were too needy, married (yes one of them said he was divorced but turns out he was just a liar), they didn't know how to be a gentleman or I just didn't have anything in common with any of them. After those experiences I decided to lay low for awhile and just continue to be on my own.

In 2012 I started volunteering at the Corinne T. Smith Animal Center to fill my spare time and I think that was the best decision I have made because there is nothing like going up to the shelter and just playing and spending time with those animals who only want to be loved and ask for nothing.  It has been a great stress reliever! I still hadn't really dated over the new year not because I wasn't open to it, I just hadn't met anyone that sparked my interest nor was I really looking.

An old friend I reconnected with recently decided to take me on and find me someone. I must say while she has come through in many areas where something was needed or wanted by various people or organizations I didn't have a lot of faith in her of finding me a mate (and not sure that I do even now) just because I feel like I have given up; but never the less on with the story..................

My friend Sarah*  immediately thought of a friend of her husband's (John*) she thought she should introduce me to.  A few weeks went by and she told me some information about him and I asked her a few questions and told her about what I was interested in and what some deal breakers were and she seemed to think this friend of her John's* was still someone I needed to meet.

One Saturday afternoon I received a text from Sarah* telling me to come out because John* had invited his friend Charlie* over to cook out.  I loaded up NaKoda and drove out to her house and Charlie* was already there. I took a deep breath and walked in the front door.

Not bad - attractive, taller than me (shorter or same height is a deal breaker) but when Sarah* introduced us I reached out to shake his hand and he turned to talk to John* to which I responded "what kind of Texas boy doesn't shake hands" he immediately turned around and shook my hand :) The night progressed and we talked a bit and laughed and joked (he had a sarcastic sense of humor which I like cause I am too) but I could tell Charlie* was very nervous. Sarah* told me after I left he stayed and grilled them with questions about me..........she also said he wanted us to all to get together again later on this week to which I accepted so I guess now it's time to just ride this journey out and see where it leads.........wish me luck!




*names have been changed to protect the guilty

No comments:

Post a Comment