Monday, April 1, 2013

Insomnia

A nap in the Texas spring sunshine is a lovely thing but it can be a disastrous thing for evening bed time. 

I sit here spending the time I should and want to be sleeping thinking about work making a mental list of all the tasks I need to accomplish to help make my business grow and become more productive, so I get my phone out and I jot down all the things I need to do. If I get them out of my head maybe I can go to sleep, right? Wrong! After I write the list I snuggle up to NaKoda and think I can go to sleep now, but then I sit there thinking about what a good dog and companion she has been and how she's getting older, and how sometimes she has been the only set of ears I have had to confide to, and of course then that leads to how we need to exercise more to be healthier and one thought leads to the next, to the next, until it's 3am and I am sitting here writing my next blog entry.

I guess the past few months have been really busy and hectic and stressful and I just can't settle my mind but I think it's partly because I have let myself get off balance too. Maybe if I wasn't stressing so much over work or my house, or anything else to be honest I wouldn't have so much trouble sleeping and I could have less anxiety over all the things I sit and think about at night when I should be sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment