Recently I was contacted by the sister of a childhood friend who was now in prison. The sister stated that her brother had not had much contact with people from his life. This made me start thinking.
Since moving back to the town I graduated high school from I have learned that many of my classmates have either been in prison or are currently in prison. Most of them have been arrested for a drug offense.
This made me wonder. Why? Why are so many of my former classmates ending up in prison? Is it because of limited opportunity in the small town? Is it because of the apparent drug problem in the small town? Maybe it's that most of us come from single parent homes where we were not supervised and were able to become involved in this particular type of life. Why was it the choice of so many though? Were they masking problems? Were they trying to escape something?
All though I was never caught or arrested for the bad behavior choices in my past I know what my reasons were for this of behavior. I was trying to forget my circumstances, I was trying to escape abuse in my past and I was trying not deal with any of these issues.
Is it possible that so many kids in one location also were dealing with similar circumstances?
Monday, April 29, 2013
Why are so many kids from my graduating class in trouble for drugs now or in the past?
Labels:
abuse,
animals,
blogging,
companions,
dating after divorce,
doggie daycare,
domesitc violence,
economic times,
friends,
human behavior,
love,
Rottweilers,
sex,
virtual assistant work from home
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment