I get sick and tired of people telling me I need to forgive my biological father or do something with/for him. It's always unacceptable to neglect or abandon a child but I had no control over my his actions. The past is the past and I have done my best to move on.
Recently, an "aunt" who's had very little contact with me over the years (pretty much limited to running in to her at the grocery store) sent me a facebook message telling me it was my bio logical father's and his twins brother birthdays and I needed to come to the party. Are you kidding me? All the neglect and years of not being a father to me and no one tells him he needs to be a father but I am supposed to go to his 60th birthday because he's getting old? Where were you people when I was being abused and told him and he left me in the situation? Where were you people when my mother died and I had to move in with him and his 2nd wife and he constantly told me I wasn't wanted and that they were going to send me away? Where were ya'll when they divorced and he constantly told me it was my fault that she left because she didn't want me around? Where were you people when his 3rd wife was telling me how everything was my fault and hitting people? Where were you people when the state of Texas thought I would do better on my own that live with him and his 3rd wife because of all the threats to kill me or other people he made?
I don't think so! There will be no celebrating his birthday for me. There will be nothing for me when it comes to him. I gave him an opportunity 4 years ago to talk to me about all the things that occurred but he refuses to acknowledge his part in the situations. I have moved on. I am not angry about it any longer that only hurt me but come on people get a grip and stop telling me I need to be a part of his life..........he was never a father to me!

No comments:
Post a Comment