Monday, June 2, 2014

Acknowledging the good

As you begin to acknowledge the good that came from your "unacceptable " past, you will find forgiveness arising. This is a way to "let go" of anger even if you feel that you're in a rage—that is, that you don't have anger so much as anger has you.


The good things that have come from my unacceptable childhood are that it made me who I am today. It taught me how to have compassion for others, how to help others, how to be strong, how to survive. 


I was able to eventually turn my abusive childhood into an experience to share and help others when I began volunteering for domestic violence and child abuse centers. I was able to use my own experience of how it affected me and how I turned it into a strength building experience to push me through school and achieving my MBA, start 2 businesses, purchase my homes, because it was the foundation of my strength in achieving things others had always told me I would never be able to do. 


Now, years looking back I am proud of who I am and what I accomplished and I look forward to the years I have to come! 





























Read more: http://www.oprah.com/oprahs-lifeclass/Daily-Life-Work-Lesson-2-Letting-Go-of-Anger_1#ixzz1kyBiHShD

No comments:

Post a Comment