Monday, June 9, 2014

Relationship Red Flags

When we are young we go into relationships not thinking about the things we are willing to accept or not willing to accept because we are young and we are just happy to be in a relationship but after we have had a few failed relationships and we get to know our selves better we start to realize what we are willing to accept and not accept and what some red flags in relationships are.

Wanting someone to spend our life with and share our experiences with is a universal desire. It doesn't matter if it is Valentine's Day, your birthday, Fourth of July or just a beautiful Saturday afternoon drive. Experiences are always more meaningful and enjoyable when we share them with  a partner.

How do we get there though? What are some things we need from a relationship?
I ask myself several questions when I am getting to know someone:

1) Does he expects me to do all the work?  Did I have to plan the dates? Did he make the reservations if needed? Is he creative with our dates and getting to know each other or does he throw out the same suggestion every time? Dinner and movie.  In the beginning to me (first couple of dates I don't like going to a movie because you can't really talk and get to know anything about someone when you spend a couple of hours watching a movie and really how long does it take you to eat and talk before it's time to go to the movie? 

These are just a few of activities I have discovered in my readings or thought of that I would love to do in the beginning ......hell throughout a relationship too..........but for some reason guys just don't seem to get creative when thinking of date ideas......

For a first date I am pretty open but I do have to admit I would prefer an atmosphere where you could actually talk and get to know something about a person such as dinner, a walk, a drive, a pic nic, I do have a Rottweiler that is like my child so if the first date were something I could bring her with me on that would score huge points with me and something low pressure and casual would be awesome 

I do not like the traditional date activity, "dinner and a movie". It's difficult to get to know someone in a movie theater. 

Because everyone always suggest the traditional "dinner and a movie" Here are several ideas of things I like to do when getting to know someone - 

Bowling is an old-school date idea with a great casual vibe. We can have a beer or a slice of pizza while engaging in a friendly competition.

*Hiking - Exploring the great outdoors and getting some physical activity is a terrific first date idea, provided your date is up to the task. 

*Zoo’s or Aquariums aren't just for fourth-grade field trips; they're also a great place for a first date. You can walk leisurely with your lady friend as the two of you survey all of the sea life. And underwater creatures are colorful, slimy, toothy, and weird enough to keep things interesting.

Taking a date to the driving range is another fun outdoors activity. It’s not particularly strenuous, though, so your date doesn’t need to be athletic to have a good time. The driving range makes a great daytime date. It’s also a good first date idea because if she’s not a golfer, helping her with her swing is a great opportunity to get up close and personal.

A trip to the local art gallery is a great first date for the artsy girl. 

Friday night date-night dinner can be crowded and cliche. Spend a free Saturday at brunch

"We live in a college town, and we're always scanning the school's website to see what interesting, open-to-the-public activities it offers," says Denver resident Jane S., 38. "We've seen cool authors speak, gone to shows of student work, and, I'll admit it, get a kick out of strolling around campus and imagining we we're still 19."

*Wander the bookstore -Your Kindle has tons of memory. but it sure isn't good at making them. Suggestion: Start at the travel section and get to know each other even better by talking dream trips.

*Head on a (mini) road trip –On Saturday mornings I like to sometimes get in my truck and head to a small town somewhere and wander their streets just to see what I can find. 

Plan a picnic- a blanket, basket, some yummy snacks,

Explore a winery --The go-to activity was made famous in Sideways, but there's lots of not-so-obvious things to do at wineries. More and more are equipped with hiking trails, picnic areas, playgrounds, and even pools, turning vineyards into all-day destinations. Or see if there's one in your city; in some areas, urban wineries are


2. Is he a little too private? Does he give you his phone number? Does he answer when you call? Does he talk about his life? Does he only text you and never call? Does he only text during the day and never in the evening or on weekends? If your dates consists strictly of booze and booty calls then this is not a relationship. I mean, come on. If he can put in the time to text you he can put in the effort to actually speak to you. If you are good enough to talk to during the day/week what's happening at night or on the weekends that you aren't? Simply put....I just don't have time for this type of guy in my life. Maybe once upon a time when I was young and carefree but now I want more out of a relationship.


3. Does he communicate with you? Does he tell you details about his life, his hopes, his dreams, his experiences. Does he ask the same things about you? Does he give you an opportunity to share with him or does he cut you off and only talk about himself?


4. Is too physical in the beginning? I mean come on you just met this person. You are trying to get to know them if you are looking for a relationship. If he can't respect your physical space and can't seem to keep his hands in appropriate places for you is he really looking for a relationship or a bed-mate. If you are just looking for a bed-mate that's great, carry on, but if you want more.....!






No comments:

Post a Comment