
and coax them to come to me and on the 4th night I was rewarded by one (now known as Marishka). Marishka cautiously approached me because she knew I had the food!
She was so skinny and timid. It appeared as if she had never been around humans before. I persisted with her though and it paid off!
For the next 8 nights I continued to drive apx 15 miles and sit on the side of the road as people drove by at outrageous speeds, honking and one person even showing up uninvited because she thought she could do a better job but only ended up scaring Marishka and her sister (Sestra) off.
![]() |
| Marishka cautiously approaches |
![]() |
| Sestra stands back watching |
Marishka became more brave as each day passed, eventually eating food out of a bowl in my lap but the moment I moved she would run off. ![]() |
just when I thought we were making progress the night of interruptions from hell occurred. Just as I was about to grab Marishka by the scruff of her neck a truck flies by honking his horn and if that wasn't enough then an intruder shows up with a female dog in heat making all kinds of noise and scares both girls off. I was so upset!
But I couldn't give up an I went back out the next night with Bello.
Bello patiently sat and watched as the girls approached. They were very curious but of course Sestra still kept her distance.

Eventually, after several nights of Marishka getting so close I could touch her but when I moved an arm she would run a friend and I decided we had to set a trap. However, after a few nights it became very clear Marishka was not going in the trap. We came up with the idea of using a goat cage.
After one night of her checking it out and getting food out of it we were rewarded! Marishka went in to eat and our rigged door pull and latch worked!
We gave a little bitto calm down and then we got a leash on her and loaded her in the tuck to come home with me. Marishka is safe and now to get Sestra!


















No comments:
Post a Comment