Saturday, May 2, 2009

Day 2





After a nigth that was like an episode of cops, I rose early this morning and caught a city bus headed into downtown and spent five hours walking around downtown and in the River Walk!

There were beautiful flowers and bidrs and music as well! I am not sure what types of instruments (besides guitars and drums) but this one particular band were playing wooden flute type instruments and the created such a beautiful, relaxing sound!

As I traveled down the RiverWalk I noticed a group of birds and one had a flock of babies swimming around her. 2 mallards swam up to her and began attacking her, holding her under water. It was a bit upsetting! Most people just passed by after making a couple of comments but on one side of the RiverWalk was a family who tried to scare away the two mallards attacking the female. On the other side of the RiverWalk was myself and another lady. As they came to our side we would do the same. Soon, another mallard came flying in and he scared off the two that were being so aggressive. He helped her round back up her babies and get into the shrubbery on the banks. We assumed this was her mate.

As I traveled on down the RiverWalk I watched the people sitting and reading, taking pictures, walking and enjoying the day! It made me sad in a way that I didn't have a companion to share my day with, but on the other hand if I did would I been open to all I was observing now or wrapped up in my own little world as all these people seem to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment