I set out for my solo adventure on Friday morning as I had planned. I traveled 4 1/2 hours, just me and my dogs and the google maps to San Antonio! I was fine until I started to get into the San Antonio outskirts where I made a couple of wrong turns. My anxiety levels started to increase but I quickly settled the chaotic feelings by making a couple of changes in lanes, turning around and before I knew it I was right where I wanted to be! I checked in at the KOA campgrounds, found my cabin, unpacked the truck, changed clothes and NaNook and NaKoda and I ventured through the campgrounds to see what we could find!
While the campgrounds were very nice I was less impressed because I thought it should be more nature. However, I did find a few things to take pictures of to get use to my new camera!
Once we were done with our walk we returned to our air conditioned cabin and I must admit I was read for a nap after the long drive! I never could get to sleep though and instead I looked through the materials the KOA program provided to it's travelers and decided I would travel into downtown San Antonio via the public bus system the next day! The area should be pretty eventful with it being the weekend before Cinco De Mayo so I am exitced about the possibilities!
For now, I think I will just relax for the rest of the evening on the porch swing and read Stephen King's Duma Key!

No comments:
Post a Comment