For the past couple of months I have been looking and hoping I would be able to purchase a house in Gordon. The house is across the street from my best friend. She's considering divorce and it would have been perfect. I would have been around to help her with her son, I would have been closer to my friend, and the community would have been more cost effective for my personal situation. However, after being on the market for the past year, it suddenly started showing after I looked at it. Then Friday evening a couple closed on the house and to make it worse, they aren't even going to be living in it, they bought it as a rental property! So, yet another door slammed shut for me.
Now, my house is still on the market and I have no intention of taking it off but since there are no other affordable properties in the Gordon area I am at a loss of where I would want to move to. Out of mere depression I have been playing with the idea of up and leaving the country and moving to Tuscany! Getting away from everything and everyone I know and starting life over in a new place but I know at this point in my life it's not a realistic plan. This leads me back to the same question: Where do I want to go?
Karen asked me if I would consider moving home to Brownwood and while I have looked at homes in Brownwood I don't know if I want to move back. It would put me closer to my niece and my sister and my little brother and his new wife and baby and I could touch base with some old friends that still live there, but then I would also be back in the same town as my biological father and still not wanting much contact with him.
Then I have also considered Eastland, Ranger, but I don't know if that's really where I want to be either. It would be nice to have some feedback from my friends in those areas to help me make my decision but I know this is my decision and I have to make it on my own.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment