When I was just 18 years old I met a guy, Michael. I met him through a guy I was dating at the time. We became very good friends and talked all the time. As the relationship I was in began to end there were a couple of nights that something could have happened between us but I was drunk and Michael was too much of a gentleman. Time passed and I moved away to Stephenville. More time passed and we talked when I went back home to visit. He started a relationship and I started a relationship and eventually married. More time passed but we apparently never forgot one another.
About 4 years ago when Michael learned I was single again he showed up in Stephenville. We talked and spent time together but after he left I never heard from him again and life got busy as it usually does and I moved on. Then a couple of months ago while I was in Brownwood I decided to stop by and see him. He was so happy to see me. We talked for a few hours and he ended up telling me he still had feelings for me - however, he was in a relationship and had been for quite some time (she was currently out of town). Once again the timing was all wrong for us!
I think about him all the time. He's tall, attractive, hard working, down to earth, simple. He would support me and care for me. He's a nice guy. I can't get him out of my head. He's always been there in the background of my mind. Have we missed our chance? What if he was the one? What if I let him get away all those years ago when I moved away? I have been thinking of writing him a letter (who writes letters any more?) but I don't know if I should. If I never tell him how I feel will I regret it? If I let him know how I feel would it make a difference?
so many questions and no answers. Sometimes I wish I could bounce these questions off of someone but I never talk to anyone about them - no one in my life knows about him (well Karen knows I have a friend that lives down the way from her and Robin knows about him but not how I feel)..............
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment