Monday, April 11, 2011

Hitting the Backroads

It was late on Sunday night and I really couldn't sleep so I went to sit outside under the gazebo when Nathanial called me.  He asked if I was up for a late night ride being up for most anything I said "Sure, Why not!"

I threw on some clothes and headed out the front door. I was taking my truck cause every smart girl should always think about her safety! The air was cool but nice and it was a perfect Texas Spring night.

We hit the roads and since I had not traveled these particular back roads in over 15 years this was going to be an adventure! We drove and talked and some how got lost and ended up in a neighboring town 30+ miles away but that was no big deal so we continued on.

At about midnight I was kind of tired of driving and wanted to stop somewhere for a bit and get out and walk around. We pulled over at an old cemetery that a group of us use to gather at when in high school for sessions of drinking and hanging out. By this time the wind had picked up so we didn't walk around very long. We climbed back into the truck and sat there talking about our pasts and experiences and where we were headed in life. It's nice sometimes just to have someone to share that type of thinking with.  It started to rain at first just a few drops but then the bottom fell out and it poured on us. We laughed because the windows of the truck had fogged up and thought it would be hilarious if an officer pulled up and we could honestly say we were sitting in the car talking!

We finally realized it was 2am (thank you for the time change finally) and while I worked a flexible schedule and could sleep in or take a nap if it pleased me, Nathanial had to get up at 6am to go to work.  So we turned the truck around and headed home enjoying a bit more conversation and confiding of secrets.  As I put the truck in park and pulled up to Nathanial's house we turned to finish our conversation and before I realized it Nathanial had leaned in and started to kiss me. His kisses were so soft and tender and passionate that I felt like I was melting into his arms. My hands stroked the length of his warm neck and all I could think was that I could kiss him forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment