Sometimes things happen that we have no control over. Being unable to step in and control a situation can be frustrating but we have to learn to let go of the things we have no control over. Many years ago I lost my mother to cancer. While this has been one of the most difficult experiences of my life I dedicated countless periods of time trying to let go of the pain of the loss and make the best of the things God has given to me since that devastating loss.
One of the most difficult things for me though has been the diagnosis of cancer in my "adoptive" mother. However, recently numerous people in my life have also been touched by cancer which only makes the entire situation more difficult in numerous ways. While I try to be supportive to all the persons in my life that are currently being touched by this horrible disease one of the most difficult things to deal with has been when persons who are winning their battles with cancer complain about things such as their hair loss or surgery scars, etc. While I have tried to remain supportive to them in their time of suffering I sometimes have to remove myself from them because all I can think is "stop complaining about something as small as hair loss. Be happy you are alive because many have not been so lucky" I don't want to hurt their feelings but sometimes I wonder if they think about what they are complaining about and to whom they are complaining to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment