Sunday was like any other Sunday around my house. The weather was beautiful and I spent most of the day outside working in the flowerbeds and sitting in my lawn chair reading James Patterson's 3rd Degree from the Women's Murder Club series.
As darkness approached I decided it was time to go inside and start my usual Sunday ritual of facial peels, pedicures, and other pampering techniques that I treat myself to. I turned on the tv but could not really get into anything and NaKoda was on alert barking at noises she was hearing outside. 

I was a little scared because anyone who knows NaKoda, knows she doesn't bark often. So I texted an old friend, Nathaniel, who I had recently discovered lived down the street from me as I went to check outside at what was agitating NaKoda. (Which turned out to be a kid walking between my house and a neighbors house who Koda proceeded to scare the fire out of). While talking with Nathaniel he suggested coming over. It was late on a Sunday night and I wasn't exactly dressed for company but why not?
I pulled on a pair of jean cut off shorts and a tank top brushed my hair out in time for Nathaniel to come over. We went outside for awhile and visited and listened to music while downing a couple of tequila shots and Nathaniel bonded with NaKoda. After awhile though the wind picked up and the temp. dropped a bit and we moved inside.
I sat on one of the 2 chaise lounges in my living room while Nathaniel went to the rest room. I flipped on the tv to see what I had on the dvr. As Nathaniel came into the living room he proceeded to sit on the same chaise I was sitting on. This sparked my attention because most of my company tends to sit on the second chaise. We sat like that for about 30 minutes before Nathaniel laid back on the chaise lounge against me. This sparked my attention again because I have never had a friend do this either but I would be lying if I said it bothered me because let's face it, Nathaniel is an attractive man, I have known him since we were teenagers and have been back in touch talking with one another for weeks. However, I do have to admit I was surprised because I didn't realize he had this kind of interest in me and I wasn't sure if I did or not either. I have to admit it was a pleasant surprise though.
We sat like that, his arm on my leg and his head against my abdomen watching television for awhile before he turned over to face me and buried his face in my chest and wrapped my leg around his waist. He gently stroked my leg (and all I could think was "thank God I decided to shave earlier that day!") and stroked his back as we sat, cuddled together for another hour or so both drifting to sleep.


No comments:
Post a Comment