Monday, July 25, 2011

"It's 10 o'clock. Do you know what your child is doing?"

I have many friends with elementary/teenage children. Many of these parents often say, "my kids do not participate in the same behaviors their friends do, or my kids friends don't act like that" but a few weeks ago while looking at one of my many "chosen niece's/nephew's" face book pages I spotted one of the following pages likes listed, then I noticed another one and then my curiosity took off.


 My revenge on you won't kill you, it will make you wanna kill yourself (this one was found on the page of a 15 year old)

"F*ck you" ..."F*ck you too ! " ..."Im donee " ..."alriqht" ....1hr laterr --- "BABY..........,
...anndd thats why nobody likes you.
They Go Together....? Dont She Talk To...LOL DAMN!
"Ask me if I give a shit.""...Umm do you give a shit?" "Shut the fuck up!"
Sex after we fight_ (this one was found on the page of 12 year old)
6/9 National Sex Day!!! New Holiday (this one was found on the page of 12 year old)
Oh, Your dating my ex? I ate a sandwich earlier, you want them leftovers too? (this was found on the page of a 13 year old)
Dont Trust A Hoe
"You Need Anger Management Classes." "You Need Shut The Fukk Up Classes."
 "...If you don't get the FUCK out my face with that bullshit..."
Relationship = 1 girl, 1 boy & 1 stupid slut that ruins everything (n) (this was found on the page of a 16 year old)
DAMN YOU UGLY! BUT YO FRIEND CAN GET IT!!! (this was found on the page of a 15 year old)
DUDE! she just texted hey with two y's, she totally wants my dick.., (this was found on the page of a 14 year old)
You can kiss my ASS(Awesome Smooth Skin) (this was found on the page of a 13 year old)




I decided to check out the friends of some of my friend's children too and I found a few more pages these kids were participating on (I decided not to post their actual posts) and there were so many.  


When I hear my friends say, "my kids don't behave like that" or "my kids are not allowed to do that" or "my kids know better" I always think to myself and often ask my friends, "just because you were not allowed to do something, did that stop you when you were their age?". I am curious, why do parents think their children are any different than they were at that age? 


And by the way........the vodka in your liquor cabinet may be water and the whiskey may be ice tea.  



No comments:

Post a Comment