Monday, July 4, 2011

You might say I am a dreamer but I think I am a free bird............


The work atmosphere is amazing! I & all my sub contractors work from our home offices, local coffee shops or even from our gardens.  




This also means we have a super casual work environment, I can't tell you how many days in the past few years I have actually worn my robe to work & then stayed in it all day long! We don't do it just on National Wear Your Pajamas to Work day, (National Wear Your Pajamas to Work Day is always the day after taxes are due in the United States.) 






and of course the most enviable thing about my job is the flexible schedule. There is nothing better than waking up knowing my day is my own and I can make work fit around what I want to do that day & how I feel that day. It doesn't matter if I want to lay on the couch for a little bit before starting work or 

 if I want to attend a birthday party and just play with the kiddos or
 only work half a day so I can attend my niece's softball game or
 skip a day in the middle of the week to attend a family gathering or to just go spend the day riding



or an afternoon playing in the snow. I have the freedom to do all these things and work around them because I work my own schedule from any place I want to be. No job I have ever had has allowed so much flexibility!
 





 Personally, I think I am one of the luckiest persons in the world because I have finally found work that fits my life instead of trying to make my life fit around my work! I couldn't imagine having to work in a corporate environment after working for myself virtually. It is my dream job! It is bliss!























 Rather than being an employee, a Virtual Assistant is an independent contractor and business owner in their own right. 

The best way to describe the Virtual Assistant role is to briefly explain what I did last week.
Working from my home office with several different clients, I:

�� typed some reports for a consultant and emailed them back

�� designed a Powerpoint presentation for a speaker. He was presenting at a conference overseas the following day. I emailed it back to him

�� designed and organized the printing of a flyer for a singer who has a performance coming up

�� bookkeeping for a couple of clients

I did all this without seeing or meeting any of the clients: we communicated via emailed. 

Think of the Virtual Assistant as a freelance administrator, designer, organizer, researcher, editor, typist, secretary, coordinator, manager all rolled into one!

Clients enjoy the flexibility of using a Virtual Assistant as and when they require, without having to pay a regular wage or employee benefits. This means huge cost savings for clients, as they are only paying by the hour for actual work done or a flat rate. There is an increasing demand for Virtual Assistants, as more and more people realize their true benefits. The future of Virtual Assistance is certainly looking bright.

No comments:

Post a Comment