For years I have volunteered my time and efforts to crisis centers for suicide hotlines, been a domestic abuse advocate and child abuse advocate but I have recently made the personal decision to move in a different direction and volunteer for an animal shelter.
One of the first tasks I have taken on at the shelter is to be a foster parent for a momma cat, Dahlia and her 3 kittens. I believe these kittens were born on March 15th and came to my home Friday afternoon March 16th.
The first afternoon/night was pretty uneventful. I decided to have Dahlia and her litter in my office because during the day they will here the television, music, sounds of me working, talking on the phone etc. Also, my Rottweiler can come in and out and she can get use to being around a large dog as well.
I fixed her up a nesting area inside the box she arrived in. I gave her an old blanket to put in the box and there she laid with her kittens the first afternoon/night pretty much not leaving the box at all. We shall see how the next few days go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment