Friday, November 20, 2009

Chemotherapy flashbacks

Well, today is Karen's consultation appointment to decide what form of treatment the doctor's think will be best to attach and destroy the remaining abnormal cancer cells in her body.

I have to admit that this has me flashing back to the chemotherapy that my mother engaged in prior to her death. I fear that I am going to lose another mother figure and there's nothing I can do to change or prevent this or make things better. I am helpless and it's all out of my hands.

I try to keep positive thoughts and I tease Karen that if she loses her hair we will buy her crazy wigs and we both laugh but the reality is that it's out of my control and I have no one I can just break down and pour all my fears out to because she is the person I would normally do that with.

No comments:

Post a Comment