Monday, April 23, 2012

Choices

What choices have you made that are genuine expressions of who you are and in alignment with what you want from life? What choices, in hindsight, took you away from the person you really are, into an image fabricated by your mind and your society?

The choices I have made in my life that are genuine expressions of who I am and in alignment with what I want from life have helped to simplify my life and help not to be so materialistic. I downsized my home, I stopped going to the bars with friends and stayed home more, I have started engaging in activities I enjoy, such as crafts, painting, photography, writing, home improvement and exercise more.


Making the choice to do what people expected and being what people expected of me took me away from the real me. Not worrying so much about the person people expect me to be and working to be the people expect me to be has helped to alleviate stress in my life and help me be at more peace with my life in general.  


No comments:

Post a Comment