Monday, April 16, 2012

Feelings of Disrespect

Are you constantly feeling disrespected? When is the last instance you felt you were treated badly? Why?

There have been many instances in my life I have felt disrespected. I wouldn't say the feeling of being disrespected is constant but there are certain persons in my life in which the behavior is consistent. For example I feel like my entire life experience with my biological father is one of consistent disrespect for me as a daughter, an individual and a woman. As a child the neglect and consistent allowing of his 2nd wife to be verbally abusive is an act of disrespect in my opinion and as a person his lack of effort to know anything significant about me in order to form a real relationship with me is disrespectful in my opinion.  


There have been other situations in which I felt disrespected as a friend, wife, family member but since those times I have made the decision to move on away from them and not let them have power over me.  


The last time I felt disrespected was more of a general feeling of disrespect and it was in regards to being respectful of others time, situations, and needs.  A friend of mine consistently neglects our relationship until she feels the need to reach out and when she does I feel she expects things to always take place around her schedule or needs and expects me to just drop what I am doing or change my schedule around to make it convenient for her.  


No comments:

Post a Comment