My new beau and I (Wesley) previously knew each other when we both worked together at a local feed mill. He was a truck driver and I was the office manager. We were both divorced now and always had a pretty good work friendship previously so why not?
Things were pretty good. Wesley was easy going, laid back, and since he had four kids with his ex wife I thought that he wouldn't be around all the time. However, with him came along so much baggage and expectations that were so unreasonable that I ended things within 3 months.
I had a few more dates with various men who asked me out or friends set me up with and they all seem to just want to move too fast.
I was sad, because I really just wanted a companion to share some time with, talk about our lives, have fun together and of course a little adult fun as well! After all, I am a woman and we do have needs! I started realizing that people didn't know what dating meant anymore. They wanted to go from first date to living together within weeks of meeting one another and this was not acceptable to me. What happened to courting and romance and friendship? I was a cup o soup: just add water and get instant relationship!
I decided to stop dating again for awhile and just focus on my house. I had finally located employment that I thought was going to be long term at a place I thought I would enjoy. The neighbors harassment had slowed down to a dull roar so I just ignored him for the most part.
Things were starting to look up for me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment