Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Halloween, it's that time of year again

It's that time of year when everyone dresses up and puts out the scary decorations and everyone delights! In the past few years I would normally go out with a group of "friends" that I have quickly learned are just acquaintances and attend their party but with all the reflection I have been embarking on I have changed my plans yet again!

While my house has been decorated in a spooky fashion all month long I have decided to either travel to a neighboring town and walk with my best friend while she takes her son Zman trick or treating or to just stay home and watch scary movies! While I truly enjoy the Halloween atmosphere, I have lost all desire to associate with people who have not called me or come to see me in months. It's like since I don't attend the Friday night drinking fests any longer no one has any need to speak with me. That's a hard pill to swallow. I have difficulty understanding why it is that people have these fake relationships. No one has picked up a phone and said "how's Karen?", "How are you?" "let's go have dinner", "let's see a movie", "come hang out" or anything else. I don't understand why it is so difficult to establish meaningful friendships with people. They never hesitate to call me when they need something, for instance about 3 weeks ago two of the "friends" needed use of my truck and they called then (of course i refused because i didn't have it in me to be used at that time) however, in the past I would have done it. I was always there whenever anyone needed me. It seems now that I am experiencing some stressful times the only people who care are my best friend and my Karen. That's a hard to pill to take.

Don't get me wrong I am thankful to have them both and I will always be there for them as they are for me, because that's what friends do!

No comments:

Post a Comment