The first step towards finding someone to share a serious relationship is to have a good, healthy relationship with yourself. Before I am able to have true and meaningful relationships with others, I had to learn how to have a relationship with myself. By looking back over my life, I realized that there were many times in which I was not a very good friend to myself.
Slowly I began spending time with myself each day reflecting/mediatateing on my actions, and thoughts and feelings. Each day I asked myself where do I need to improve? Do I need to forgive myself or others for anything? As we all know the act of forgiving is more for ourselves than the person we need to forgive... Was there anyway I could be of service to someone or myself in any way? Each of these questions helped open the doors to my feelings and identifying my emotions. When I feel anxious or uneasy, I would work to identify what it is that was causing these emotions and write it down to work through it. Most of the time this feelings were based in fear. Fear wears many masks so finding the reason was often a process or journey.
I had to change my internal diaolouge too. I realized that through my past I had taken the place of some of my previous abusers. This was an uncomfortable process but the more I practice the easier it becomes.
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Do I have a good healthy relationship with myself?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment