I have always been a person who thrives on knowledge. Even when I am not in school I am always reading about new things because I love knowledge. To me knowledge is power and learning new things helps to keep life interesting! Is it important to have someone who believes the same way?
When I was married I always felt I was smarter than my ex husband. I was always having to explain things to him that made common sense to me. My friends were all of higher educational backgrounds but my ex husband only had a high school education and he had no desire to advance any further. When friends were around sometimes conversations were strained and often on the drives home or what not I would end up having to explain things to him. This often left me annoyed and sometimes I resented being with someone who did not have a desire to learn new things.
Even now as I date, I notice differences in the men I date and if they can not hold an intelligent conversation I tend to not go out with them again. Is this really an important factor in a relationship or can people with different intelectual basis have a lasting and meaningful relationship?
Saturday, February 13, 2010
Equal Intelligence in a relationship.......is it important?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment