I was woke at about 3am by a phone call. The caller ID said __ __ police department. The caller stated she was with the __ __ police department and that everyone needed to get out of the house because it was on fire. I jumped out of the bed, threw on some clothes and my dogs and I walked outside. No fire trucks, no police, no fire! You can imagine my confusion. I told the woman I thought she had the wrong number because I was outside my home and there was no fire. She asked if this was the residence of ____ _____ and I told her yes. She asked me my address and I told her. She asked if I had a home in Lingleville as well and it dawned on me what was happening. There was a fire at the home I had placed on the market to sell that day. The home that I had retained pocession of in the divorce because my ex failed to act. That bastard had set the house on fire! The caller asked me if their was anyone in the home to my knowledge. I stated to her the situation and that no one should be in the home and if there was they were trespassing. I told her I would be out at the property in about 15 minutes.
I harnessed the dogs, jumped in the truck and headed to the property. Once I turned off the highway and onto the county road I could see the fire. I grew more angry with each mile I drove. Upon arriving I spoke with the officers and explained to them the situation. I asked who called in the fire and had they talked to any of the neighbors. They informed me that one of the neighbors had called it in and stated that they had seen my ex's truck and another vehicle on the property earlier that evening. I let the police know that no one had permission to be on the property other than myself. The police said they needed to speak with my ex so I gave them the only contact numbers I had for him, which were his parents and his brothers.
Upon reaching his parents the police were told that their sons had all gone out of town on a camping trip and had left the day before. The police informed them they needed to get in touch with him immediately and demanded a contact number. As I sat on the tailgate of my truck watching the firemen work I realized this asshole wasn't going to stop. He had succeeded stealing my truck without the police doing anything, he had been driving by and harrassing me at my new home - including stealing my mailbox which officers made him return but did nothing about, he had succeeded with calling me on the phone and harrassing me and had only been picked up one time out of all the harrassment and now a fire.........what was it going to take before the police put a stop to this? How long was he going to hold on to harrassing me before he stopped? He had even driven by my new house at one point and dialed my house number (or maybe his cell dialed because it was actually a background conversation I heard on my answering machine) and had a girl in the truck he was telling that this was my house as he drove by.
What was it going to take to make it him stop?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment