I met a guy - Jason. He worked in the oil industry. He worked on a rig in Africa and lived in Abilene. He was the friend of a friend's boyfriend. He had a 6 yr old son whom lived in East Texas. When he was home he drove to see him every other weekend. Ok, this could be casual. This might be the best way to get back into the dating world. I would only be able to see him two weekends a month maximum, especially since I was working nights and wasn't being paid very well where I was working! This would be perfect for me!
My friend put us in touch via email because he was in Africa working at the time. We emailed back and forth for a month before he returned home to Abilene. Upon his return he called me and asked if I wanted to do something that following weekend. I wanted to but I didn't have the money to go to Abilene so he decided to come here, instead. I told him he couldn't spend the night so he would either have to drive home or get a hotel. He said he was ok with that so it was on. We went out to eat and then went and played some pool. It was getting late and I had some things to do at home still since my days were nights and my nights were days. Jason said he should be getting on the road so we called it a night and I went home and he headed towards the interstate.
We weren't able to see each other again before he left for Africa but we spoke on the phone quite a bit and began emailing again while he was gone. This was perfect for me. Not too involved, not too much responsibility, and with emailing we were really talking and getting to know each other.
I was job hunting a lot during the next month because I hated where I was working. The hours sucked, every time I put in for any type of advancement I was blocked, the pay was ridiculous and something had to give but it wasn't going to be me.
I found another job (day job) at a local farm equipment store, but I knew from the first day I wouldn't be staying there long either.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment