Well, the fire was put out and I made it back home around 6am that morning. I contacted the insurance agent and the fire investigator a little later that morning. Now, instead of selling the property I was going to have to lead a massive clean up of the property and the trash he left in the shop carport before I could sell it. The hits just keep on coming.
Meanwhile, I continued to try and keep on surviving. At this point, I was so stressed out and now for some reason my jerk ex thought he was entitled to some of the insurance money! HA HA I couldn't laugh any harder. This asshole even had the nerve to show up on my door step when I wouldn't return any of his calls. I immediately called the police because the restraining order was still in effect but of course he was gone before they arrived (and I live about 9 blocks from the police department). I was so angry. I went off on them. I told them that it was bullshit that I was unable to have anything done and that as long as he was gone before they arrived he was home free. I asked them what was I supposed to do if he had broke in, if he had tried to harm me....what would they do when he arrived and I was dead or better yet he was because they failed to provide any resolution to his harassment?
The fire investigator finally finished his investigation and the insurance company began paying out. The bad side, while the fire investigator believed it was arson and that my ex had set the fire there wasn't enough evidence to prove he did. Once again, he was getting off without a scratch. This was the luckiest bastard I had ever met.
I moved on and every evening for a month after work I drove out to the property and continued to knock down the remaining structure of the house and carry it off. My little brother and his step father were nice enough to come and help me with the backhoe to dig a hole and burn what was left that would burn. Eventually, everything was cleaned up and cleared off and I was able to sell the property. I was shocked when I actually got more for the property than I had paid for it but the housing market was booming! I took the money and paid off the remaining loan. With what was left over I began making improvements to my new home. Life was moving on and I was determined to as well.
After all, it had been a year sine I left my ex and the divorce had been final for over 6 months at this point.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment